A explosion lawn mower It uses a type of internal combustion engine or also called a combustion engine. For the operation of the slicer it is necessary for the explosion of fuel to occur, such as gasoline, which will be generated by a spark. In this way, it transforms the chemical energy resulting from combustion into mechanical energy so that the lawn mower do your job. Unlike a electric lawn mower, the explosion mower has a greater range because it does not use cables and generally have larger motors, with more hp.
When purchasing a explosion lawn mower, take into account the use that will be given to it and receive from the seller the necessary technical advice to know the power that will be required and the type of slicer. There are various sizes of motors and cutters. Motors generally range from 3.5 hp to 7 hp (home use machines – semi professional). The width of cut, usually measured in inches, is also a variable to consider. Remember that the larger the motor, the less effort it will make when cutting the grass.
exist blast lawn mowers, self-propelled: this means that the cutter advances by itself (generally from 0 to 5 km/h), in order not to have to exert too much force at the time of cutting.
Another point to take into account is the grass collection basket, if it has or has a side discharge, its capacity, etc.
The fuel is generally gasoline-naphtha. The oil to use depends on whether the mower is a 2-stroke or 4-stroke.
Types of explosion lawnmowers:
The types of lawn mower vary according to:
- at ignitionSome models require manual ignition by pulling a handle or cord. Other models offer electric ignition that facilitates the ignition of the internal combustion engine.
- to throttle typeSome models feature a manual throttle control to regulate mower speed during operation. Other models come with the factory default speed.
- To the cut of the blades. It can be vertical or rotary cut and reel cut, also called cylinder.
- to engine type, some Lawn mowers They use a 4-stroke engine, because it requires 4 times for the piston to complete its combustion cycle. Other series have a 2-stroke engine because it needs two occasions to complete the combustion cycle. Depending on whether it is a four-stroke or two-stroke engine, we will have to put the oil (which lubricates) separately or together with the gasoline, as in the case of 2-stroke engines.
- to the use of bag, which is where the grass is automatically collected on some models while others don’t include it in their presentation.
Parts of a lawn mower:
A explosion lawn mower consists of the following parts:
- Air filter: allows a constant flow of air, achieving good combustion.
- Motor: It is responsible for providing power to the mower.
- bearings: Allows relative rotation between the internal parts of the cutter.
- straps: they facilitate the work of the wheels.
- blades: they are the ones that directly cut the lawn.
- Carburetor: where the internal combustion process takes place.
- Oil filter: retains metal or carbon particles and protects the motor of the mower.
- Wheels: they are in charge of moving the mower through the grass.
- Bag: where the cut grass is collected
- Crank: for manual power on of the slicer.
Do not forget to perform proper maintenance on the slicer and the engine to avoid accidents or continuous repairs. The blast lawn mowers they are basically cooled by the surrounding air, so it is important to let the machine rest when cutting large areas of grass. On the other hand, when we finish using it, doing a quick cleaning will not do anything wrong. Remove the grass that remains impregnated with a brush, lubricate the blades and the blade shaft with the appropriate oil, remove the remaining gasoline if it will not be used again for a long time, etc. In the event that we bend or damage the blade, due to a blow, keep in mind that it must be replaced, since otherwise it will be unbalanced, which will generate incorrect operation, excessive vibrations and later breakage of the bearing or shaft. Very important: check the oil level, otherwise we will melt the engine. The air filter must also be replaced periodically.