If we are looking for the best way to mow the garden, battery-powered lawn mowers They offer various functionalities capable of adapting to the technical and aesthetic demands of these types of terrain, and to all kinds of weeds and growth irregularities.
However, to take full advantage of the potential of a lawn mower This must be compatible with the size of your garden.
Battery powered lawn mower, a performance optimization
Battery-powered lawn mowers stand out because they are quiet and lighter than a motorized or combustion-powered one, and do not require a cable to operate.
Regarding battery life, the advantage of the market is that each model has the duration time in its specifications and this allows you to choose the mower that adapts to the size / time that your garden requires.
The battery powered lawn mower It gives you, among its many other advantages, a much wider cutting space, since it does not require a cable for its operation. Thanks to this, there will be nothing to hinder its performance or the need to look for a socket or a long extension to reach those areas where the cable does not reach.
Batteries offer the advantage of their duration and recharge. Generally, the different models use 12V lead-acid batteries with a limited charging time that varies from model to model. When it is downloaded, all you have to do is connect it and wait.
Other models of battery are those of lithium, which offer a higher charging power and provide 18 V in the lawn mower wireless, being able to cut for up to one continuous hour.
Also, the stack of a cordless mower makes the device not generate impact on the environment, due to the absence of combustion.
The battery-powered lawn mower also has other important functions:
- Shred the grass
- Bags it
- Unloads it on the side or rear
How To Choose A Battery Lawn Mower Based On The Size Of Your Garden
As mentioned above, to choose the most efficient mower you must take into account the size of the garden where it will be used. For this it is necessary to know the exact dimensions of the space. You can determine this with the following step by step:
- Place several stakes at imaginary boundaries of the land, such as fences and corners. Then measure the distance between one stake and the other with the help of a tape measure or other measuring tool.
- Make a reduction scale drawing of the garden on a sheet of four squares per inch.
- Map the areas of the bed by inches on the paper. If your garden is small, each inch should represent 1 foot of the garden, while each grid represents 3 inches. On the other hand, if your garden is large, each inch represents 2 feet of garden and each grid will represent 6 inches.
- Now you must calculate how long it takes to prune 10ft² to take into account when checking the amperage settings of the mower.
The formula is as follows: X = Total area x time
The battery life while mowing varies according to its voltage and, as already mentioned, each model has different voltages:
- 12V batteries last between 30 and 45 minutes.
- 24V batteries last between 45 and 75 minutes.
- 36V batteries have a duration of use of approximately 90 minutes.
Other relevant characteristics and data to consider are:
- Are Lawn mowers ideal for medium-sized spaces of a maximum of 2000 m2. Although its capacity varies according to the model and size of the lawn.
- It is therefore important to consider the size of the lawn, the weed and the frequency with which it will be used.
- A relevant factor that many people do not consider is your weight. A cordless lawn mower provides ergonomics and lightweight ease of transport.
- If your garden has spaces with corners or where access is somewhat difficult, this type of tool It will be of great use to you since the cables will not be an obstacle.
- Also, if you are looking for a lawn mower semi-professional, that is not for daily use and that can be used by any member of the family, the battery-powered design is ideal.
- It is also important to consider the terrain. Preferably it is better to use the tool in flat spaces.
- The duration of use of the battery is also related to the height of the grass to be cut. If it is too long, the effort will be greater and the battery life will be reduced.
- You must also take into account the propulsion, because in these tools the battery powers the wheels and the blade.
It is important to assess all the pros and cons at the time of purchase, since you are about to acquire one tool that can give you years of useful life if you use it correctly and maintain it well.