The torque wrench It is a precision tool, which is used to apply a certain tension to the screws, nuts, bolts, etc. They are useful in applications where fastening accessories, such as nuts and / or bolts, must have a specific tension. Its use is common in equipment for the handling of liquids and gases at low pressure, internal combustion engines, air conditioning, bridges and large structures, industrial pipes, assembly of electrical appliances, electrical and electronic equipment, among others.
The market for this tool also offers torque wrenches specialty in assembly, for the application of cover screws in electrical or electronic components, in which it is necessary to repeat the operation without losing the accuracy of the torque (torque exerted by a force). They are also used in the automotive and heavy industry where torque multipliers are used, which apply high torque pressures in places with very small dimensions, replacing lever arms and long wrenches.
The torque wrenches They are called precision tools because they are accurately designed, manufactured and assembled with the highest quality components.
Types of torque wrenches
There are a wide variety of torque wrenches. Some types of torque wrenches:
- Torque multipliers. They are used to increase, with a predetermined ratio, the value of the applied torque.
- Multitorque. Portable torque analyzer that has a data collection system that can be used with sockets, extensions, handles, ratchets, or any combination of these.
- Computorque electronic torque meter. It is the most advanced and has multiple applications including precision torque on critical fasteners and quality testing.
- Dial torque wrench. It is very practical for measuring torque using a dial, allowing a quick and precise identification of the applied torque.
- Thunder torque wrench. In this case, the desired torque is determined before applying the operation.
- Pre-adjusted torque wrenches. They are designed for use in production lines and assemblies where a specific torque is required for repetitive operations.
We suggest you keep in mind the following recommendations in the use of the different types of torque wrenches:
- Do not use torque wrenches with damaged nuts or bolts.
- The torque multiplier or torque arm should not be held by hand.
- The torque wrench It should be held firmly by the center of the handle.
- When applying torque, always pull; Do not push. You must maintain a stable and comfortable position to prevent a fall or injury.
- The torque wrench It is a very sensitive tool so it should be shocked and dropped.
- Before using the multiplier, take into account that it must be supported by a fixed object.
- Adjust the torque to be applied, according to the manufacturer’s manual of the elements to be adjusted.
- When purchasing a torque wrench, take into account its scale (it can be imperial, millimeter, etc).
Video How to use a Torque?