The pneumatic riveters They are used to assemble or join two pieces, with a single rivet. It involves a very strong pressure so that both pieces are coupled. If in any case you want to join pieces on both sides, a solid rivet is made. But if the part will be attached to a solid side, it is called a blind rivet, since an additional part is placed on it for this operation, in the mouth of the riveter.
The pneumatic riveters, mostly industrial, are usually very light and use less air than other types of riveters.
Parts of a pneumatic riveter
- nail collecting cup
- countersunk nozzle
- quick change nozzle
- handle with insert
- cycle counter
Types of pneumatic riveters
As for the pneumatic riveters, we can distinguish two large groups:
1. The manual pneumatic riveters, which are those that we operate in a simple way and that are light since they are used by hand. There are various models. Depending on the model, there are those that come with a nail collection cup, a suction system for stems, a rivet counter, a cycle counter, etc. Also, depending on the model, the nozzles can be changed, which allows us to use rivets of different sizes. Likewise, there are more efficient pneumatic riveters, since they use less air. On the other hand, depending on the manufacturer and the model, we will find riveters lighter than others. These types of riveters They are of the industrial type.
- Pneumatic riveter for threaded inserts. It is one of the smallest models, weighing just over a kilo and a half, making it very light and easy to handle. The feature of this riveter is that it allows to assemble a part automatically.
- Pneumatic impact riveter. Are riveters Although very light, they are also very resistant for the work to be carried out. They achieve depths of up to 12”.
2. The bench riveters or foot riveters: they are larger and their weight can be up to 60 kg. They are also for industrial use and are not portable. As its name indicates, they are usually attached to a workbench, or the standing ones are attached to the floor. Within this group of riveters, we find:
- Pneumatic riveting machine using radial metal deformation. Used for any type of assembly. Its head makes strong but soft rivets at the same time, which do not mistreat the fibers that are used.
- Pneumatic riveting machine by means of double radial deformation of metal. It is a version with a standard head. Its force can be graduated, like its speed. It has a hit counter.
- Pneumatic riveting tool for threaded hexagonal inserts. In its head it has a special area, which serves to convert the round hole, already made, into a hexagonal one.