years ago the mechanical presses They were the most used. These consisted of the use of a rotating crankshaft. About 30 years ago are the hydraulic presses preferred worldwide, all this due to its speed and reliability. The principle of hydraulic press it is that of a communicating vessel. These communicating vessels are driven by different pistons, which by means of small forces, allow greater forces to be reached. The pistons are called water pistons, since they are of the hydraulic type.
Likewise, all its parts were reinforced, such as the pumps, the hoses and the couplings.
The best thing is that you are presses They help to significantly reduce working time, even when a change has to be made in the middle of it, since the parts can be exchanged very easily.
Types of hydraulic presses
- Manual hydraulic presses, in standard models. Their capacities vary according to the load in tons that they can support, which range from 5 to 30 tons. Although on some occasions, there are even places where they build these presses according to the needs of the client of up to 100 and 200 tons.
- 100 ton hydraulic presses. They have the benefit of being able to support exactly that much weight without the problem of breaking. Likewise, if it exceeds that amount, it has a safety valve that gives greater confidence to do a better job.
- Hydraulic presses of 200 tons. They measure just over 2 meters, and although they are slightly larger, they only manage to displace 50% more of their total weight.
- Hydraulic bench presses. They are those presses that are placed on top of a workbench, since they lack feet.
- Hydraulic foot presses. They are those with “feet”. They are not placed on top of a workbench, since they are provided with a frame or structure to place directly on the floor. They must be bolted to the floor.
- Hydraulic motorized presses. They are those that are provided with a motorized hydraulic unit, instead of a manual pump.
Uses of hydraulic presses
Mainly its function is the vertical compression of pieces that vary in size. They are normally difficult pieces to work with, for the same reason that it is necessary to make a stronger adjustment.
The hydraulic presses they not only assemble parts, but also allow them to be removed without much difficulty, which makes the work easier and done in the shortest possible time. Also, both in the aeronautical industry and in the automotive industry, it is useful because it is used to assemble shock absorbers, to join the brakes, for the formation of diaphragms, placement of bushings, etc. As far as hobby use is concerned, the hydraulic presses They are used to extract bearings from axles, extract bushings or place them, insert or remove parts inside others whose diameters vary in tenths, so inserting it manually is impossible.
Unlike a mechanical press, it can control various things like work time, depth, feeders. It performs reduction, pressing, bonding, broaching and compression work, this is how it is not limited to a single use.
The maintenance of the hydraulic press It is one of the most important things that should not be forgotten. It is essential to control the level of the hydraulic fluid, confirm that the hoses are in optimal conditions. Generally the presses They are provided with relief valves that are activated when the pressure exceeds the maximum pressure, so it is necessary to verify that the valve is also in optimal conditions.