When you want to make cuts, especially in wood, you should use the saw. It is a tool that has a serrated and trapezoidal blade, and is handled with a wooden or plastic handle that is located at the widest end of the blade and has the appropriate shape for correct handling.
The traditional shape of the handle is that of a ring, which molds easily to the hand. The cutting blade is wide at the hilt and becomes thinner as it progresses, with the same size teeth from start to finish.
- cutting edge: It is the part where the teeth are observed in the form of points with different measurements and inclinations depending on the type of saw used. The edges of the teeth are sharpened appropriately for cutting.
- Channels: This is the name given to the empty space generated by the distance between teeth. Its main function is to let out the sawdust produced in the cutting task.
- Fit: It is the mark or cut line that the blade makes when the cut is made in the wood.
- Gun: This is the name given to the traditional wooden handle.
- Closed Wood Handle: It helps to have better resistance, thanks to its shape. It also provides better handling of the cut.
- Plastic Closed Handle: In addition to the above advantages, they are cheaper and some are designed in such a way that they can be used, together with the blade, as heel squares.
Types of Saws
- Universal Saw: It is made up of a long, flexible, toothed metal blade and a handle to hold it firmly. Although the blade is flexible, because it is wide, it is used especially for straight cuts. There are saws specialized for log cutting, solid wood cutting or manufactured board cutting. The latter have finer teeth for a clean cut.
- Point or Needle Saw: It is known for its narrow blade and is indicated for curved and straight cuts, and also to be able to make internal cuts. In other words, if you want to make a cut inside a board, this saw It is adequate.
- Rib Saw: with this saw precision cuts are made, since its blade is thinner in relation to the previous types. So that it is not so flexible, it is provided with a superior reinforcement so that the cut will be perfectly straight.
The main use is cutting wood and in some cases other types of materials. The higher the number of teeth per centimeter, the finer the cut, although it will take longer to do so. The choice of these characteristics will be according to the type of cut to be made.
each type of saw It has a specific use, depending on the depth and type of cut desired. For example, him rib saw, it cannot make cuts as deep as the other two types.