When you purchase a electric welder Basically, what it is looking for is that it be useful for the activity to be carried out, although the user, in general, does not have much knowledge about the parts that constitute it. Specialists or professionals who have experience in it, the first thing they ask themselves is what parts constitute the welder and what benefits this machine will bring them.
Here you will find information about some of the parts that the electric welders, In its great majority. It must be taken into account that the operations carried out with this tool can become dangerous, for which it is necessary to take the corresponding security measures and use the welder that corresponds (click here to know how to choose an arc welder)
Parts of an Electric Welder
- Welding machine. It is the most important part inside the welder. It is a set of elements that provide the energy to do work.
- Earth or Neutral cable. Cable that is connected to the piece where we find the electrode.
- Electrode Holder Cable. Cable coming out of the winding, towards the piece.
- Electrode holder. Where the electrode that we will use to weld is located.
- Welding Rod or Electrode. It is the rod that performs the welding.
- Cable To Connect To The Outlet. The electrical connection cable, so that the electric welder can work.
- Handle for Amperage Regulation. It is used to regulate the amperage required, according to the characteristics of the work to be carried out.
- On and off button. It is the switch with which the current flow is turned on and off.
- High or Low Voltage Switch. The button to enable voltage regulation and be able to graduate it with the handle.
- Ground Cable Connection Terminals and Electrode Holder Cable. It is a cable that joins the winding with the part.
- Electric Welder Insurance. It is the part that serves to secure the electrode and the welding can be done in a better way.
Within these parts, which are the most important, there are classifications such as electrical, manual, welding parts, etc.
Speaking of the steps that must be taken into account, as mentioned above, the safety measures must consider the electrical and thermal characteristics of the tool, since there are risks such as those caused by welding without a mask, due to the high emission of ultraviolet light. The use of security elements should not be an option. A visual protection mask must be used to avoid damage to the sight and burns, leather gloves, a shirt with a closed collar and closed long sleeves.