In order to carry out a painting job in a practical and efficient way, it is common to use a painting equipment. These devices, thanks to their design, facilitate the application of paint on countless types of surfaces, saving users time and effort.
Painting equipment must be carefully cared for and cleaned, due to the nature of its function. To comply with proper maintenance, it is essential that this type of machine is used correctly.
In this publication we will be detailing the points and criteria that you should consider to keep your painting equipment, and thus extend its useful life.
Proper use of the painting machine
These are some of the basic recommendations for the proper use of a painting equipment:
- Before using the equipment, you must read the user manual completely.
- Familiarize yourself with all the controls and with the operation of the equipment.
- The appliance must only be used by persons duly trained in its use.
- The machine should only be used in dry environments.
- In case the equipment presents some kind of failure or damage, you should not use it.
- The painting equipment it should only be used to perform its intended function.
- You must not allow children to play or misuse the machine.
- Only use accessories specified by the manufacturer.
Cleaning of painting equipment
In order for the machine to be properly preserved you must make sure to keep it clean.
Before carrying out any cleaning activity on the appliance, you must disconnect it from the electrical network, for your safety and that of the equipment.
- After finishing the paint job, turn off the appliance’s engine.
- Squeeze the trigger so that the liquid that was left in the suction tube, returns to the glass or container.
- Unscrew or disconnect the glass from the appliance, and empty it of any remaining paint.
- Use a paintbrush to pre-clean both the paint container and the feed tube.
- Pour water or solvent into the glass and screw or attach it to the appliance. Only use solvents with a flash point greater than 21 ° C.
- Turn on the motor and proceed to spray the solvent or water on a cloth or container.
- Repeat this process until the solvent or water comes out completely clean.
- Turn off the computer again.
- Empty the container completely and make sure the glass joint is free of debris and without any damage.
- Clean the outside of the gun and container using a cloth soaked in solvent or water.
- Remove the cap and nozzle from the gun, and clean them using a brush with water or solvent.
- Finally let all the components dry completely before putting them away.
Maintenance of painting equipment
Changing the air filter if it is dirty is essential for the maintenance of the equipment.
You must remove the air filter by removing the corresponding cap, replace the filter and replace the cap. Verify that both the cap and the filter are in the correct place.
Never use the appliance without the air filter. This could cause dirt to be absorbed by the motor, impairing the operation of the motor. painting equipment.
By following these recommendations you will be able to carry out a correct cleaning and maintenance to your painting equipment.