With the advent of distance meters, the task of measuring both indoors and outdoors can be done quickly, conveniently and effectively with a considerable reduction in time and effort.
These measurement tools are very useful in many work areas such as construction, masonry, decoration, plumbing, architecture, among others. In this publication we will be detailing the benefits and advantages that these work instruments offer to architecture professionals.
Advantages of distance meters
In general terms, distance meters provide a series of advantages and benefits that greatly facilitate different activities or tasks for an architect.
- Speed when making measurements, according to estimates, can be up to 4 times faster.
- Greater precision and great reliability, considering that the measurement is carried out electronically, human errors are significantly reduced. The laser technology in these meters enables smart measurements to be taken.
- With the use of these tools the architectural professional will be able to plan all the work by generating digitized measurements.
- You will also be able to determine the plans with absolute precision.
- They allow indirect measurements to be carried out to comfortably determine both heights and distances, in any workspace.
- These work instruments facilitate measurements even in hard-to-reach areas, no matter how complex the building design is.
- Laser distance meters allow the calculation of areas of walls, ceilings and floors. All this quickly.
- With these tools you can determine the exact amount of materials that will be needed. Such as tiles, paint, wiring, siding, scaffolding, etc. This allows the architect to develop a much more accurate budget.
- They also allow you to easily calculate volumes, which is very useful to define the thermal loads and the heating systems that will be required.
- Mark and capture distances easily and quickly, to install elements or pieces.
- They facilitate the verification, communication, documentation and storage of the last measurements made to carry out a practical monitoring of the data.
- Some models provide the functions to view, edit and send measurements directly to any device such as cell phone or table, thanks to the intelligent connectivity of the equipment.
- The architect will be able to share the plans and data with his work team and clients, digitally, saving time, money and effort.
Distance Meter Features and Functions
The design and functionality of some models of laser distance meters set them apart from others. Some of these features and functions are very beneficial to architectural professionals.
First, the vast majority of meters have a compact physical structure, easy to transport and handle. They are also very easy to use and intuitive. On the other hand, considering that they can be used in work areas with high exposure to risk, some models include a robust protection against dust and splashes of water.
Other models include the efficient and fast data transfer function via Bluetooth, which will facilitate communication between the architectural project team.
On the other hand, some equipment has a color screen, adjustable and illuminated to facilitate the visibility of the measurements made.
Another of the functions that they include are the markup. And a 360 ° tilt sensor makes measurements easy. Likewise, there are models that incorporate leveling applications among their functions, so that the architect can take measurements regardless of whether the work area is somewhat inclined.
For outdoor work, manufacturers of tools They have designed special distance meters for such an environment, which can also be used indoors. These special models incorporate a digital peephole with a zoom or zoom function, to guarantee precision in long distances, complex environments and outdoors. This feature is ideal for large architectural projects.
Another feature that greatly facilitates the work of architects is remote control. This allows for quick measurements.
Applications have also been developed to document measurement data in a simple way, thus allowing the architect to perform his calculations with ease.
The advantages and benefits that an architect can enjoy thanks to the use of laser distance meters are several. These work tools are very useful and very advantageous thanks to the technology they incorporate.